Thursday, June 01, 2006

The N-word

Cross-posted from Chris:


Nicholas Minucci, an Italian, is going to trial next month for attacking and murdering a black man with a baseball bat for stealing from him. He said he is "looking forward to going to trial because I'm gonna prove everybody wrong. I'm no racist. This is no hate crime."
What is his defense?
Hip-Hop.
He said that he used the word n_ _ _a, instead of n_ _ _ er. He also said "And all the CDs in the car here are hip-hop-50 Cent, Jay-Z, Biggie, Ja Rule, Mobb Deep. Every song, every track, and every album all you hear day & night is n_ _ _a this, and n_ _ _a that".

I believe he is currently doing time for murder, but if he wins this trial he will get a lesser sentence. I don't know if his defense will work, but he does make me think. African-Americans are the only group of people that use a derogatory name given to them during a time of demonic oppression to identify each other. We are the only group still carrying over 300 years of hate in our vocabulary. Why? I have heard all the defenses such as "as long as another black person says it then it is ok, if you put an A at the end instead of ER its ok, we are taking it away from the white people, we own the word now, it's a term of endearment, etc. I make it a point to keep it out of my vocabulary (I didn't always do this). There are over 200,000 words in the English language. I am sure I can find another word to use in its place. Please visit: www.abolishthenword.com
African-Americans are continuing to get bamboozled every day. On cable television the network will bleep out the F word, but the N word will not be bleeped out. The F word is considered more offensive than the N word. Why don't Jewish people have to wage a debate to abolish derogatory terms that the Germans used against them? They have stripped those words from their vocabulary. They did not pass along the foolishness to their children. Why do we pass it along to ours?



[I commented him and here it is:]

(please excuse the language) I currently had an argument with a friend of mine about this issue. He said that "nigga" means friend and "nigger" means slave. And that it's okay for black people to say nigga, because they don't take offence. Which is complete untrue because of
here:nigga & here:nigger & an opinion about the word nigga and nigger being excepted into society & answers: nigger & and all of this

To me, that's racist against everyone else. If others can't say it then blacks shouldn't be able to say it either. Yet, it's accepted in society and a majority of the students in my school use the word...Which disturbs me. It shouldn't be allowed, it's like a curse word.

8 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger F.B. Jones said...

Gook, chink, zipperhead, dirty yellow skinned dog eating rice munchers...... Its ok because my wife is Asian. Oh wait.. I think her mother would beat me down for saying that to her child. I will never understand groups that fight for equality, and when they get it, they want to be set apart, seperated from the mainstream of the living. I say we start our own movement. I want a common sense seperation movement. We may even get our own country.

It is ok to make dog eating jokes. My wife's family is from laos. The only Asian country where most of the people don't eat dog. I however would love to try it.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Always On Watch said...

I've never understood why African Americans would allow such a denigrating word to be used in their presence. Yet I hear them call each other "n" all the time.

As I see it, the word only helps to stoke the fires of racism.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger FLORIAN said...

DOG FB? YUECK!!!!!
In any case use of the N word just shows the depravity of somebody--be it black, white, hispanic, asian, polar bear...whatever.
It can be considered a curseword just like other ethnic slurs.
The double-standard when applied to it's use doesn't surprise me though. It's just the way 21st century America is.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Publius said...

Blacks use it because in doing so they take away the “power” of the word. The word then becomes not something only uttered by racists but their own word and in doing so they change the meanings. It is the control of language.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Sorry, to repost. I didn't like the way the link turned out, so I'll put it in html this time

The only episode I watched of that show Boston Public (I think that was the name), had to do with "the word". It was actually a very well-done show, and might have made me a fan, if I could only remember when it was on.

The show made mention of this book.


11:09 AM

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Royalty Free Beats For One Dollar said...

Royalty Free Beats For One Dollar

At

http://upbeat.tk

All of our one dollar beats are sample free and royalty free, these beats can be used for Rap, Hip Hop, R&B, advertising, motion production, sports, games, software, ringtones, and more. All we ask is two things, one if you use these beats for commercial purposes that you give "upbeat.tk" written credit for our production and two not to resell or give away beats without vocals if used for musical purposes. Links to download beats will be sent by e mail after purchase, each beat will be sent as a WAVE Audio File and a MP3 File. When purchased you will have non-exclusive rights to the beat or beats you buy for life. If you have any questions feel free to email us at upbeattk@gmail.com thank you and enjoy.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Miss jane said...

成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人電影,成人遊戲,成人文學,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,正妹牆

 

Post a Comment

<< Home