Monday, May 08, 2006

The Question...


I've been pondering on a question for some time, and thought I'd ask my History teacher about it. She seems pretty neutral, on the political issues. Which makes me happy. because thats how teachers are supposed to me. Anyway, I asked "Why isn't there a Civics class in High school? Isn't it important to know about your government?" and she just replied, "That's a really good question." We continued this interesting conversation and came to the conclusion of me writing a letter to the Principal. Explaining why I think school education should have Civics as a mandatory course. I know I'm moving this summer and I won't be able to attend this school anyway, but I think that I should help this place out a bit before I leave. That maybe I could open a few of these teenager's eyes, because a majority of them have no idea what America's going through. Plus these are the people that are going to be voting for our next election, I think they have a right to understand how our government works and the different partys and such. So does anyone have any suggestions I could put out?

6 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger FLORIAN said...

Hey CK! Saw your comment on Always on Watch's site. Nice blog. I'm shocked you haven't been indoctrinated by our Imperial Federal Government's education system at such a tender young age! When I was in HS about 14 years ago I took the civics class...thankfully they offered it back then, though now I've heard through friends who teach at my same highschool that it's no longer offered. Instead we have such worthwhile courses like African-American history, Women's studies, and Islamic history. Keep on blogging!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger American Crusader said...

I taught school in Miami for several years after leaving the Coast Guard. My seventh-grade class was "civics". I'm fairly certain that it is still taught there (Henry H. Filer Middle School, Hialeah Florida). I keep up with some of my past associates and the last I heard was that civics was still a requirement in Dade County Florida.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger American Crusader said...

This is really a subject you can study on your own. Civics is nothing more than how our government works and how it is organized. It isn't a "political" subject.
The Constitution
The Bill Of Rights
The Amendments
The Branches of Government
etc. etc.
I think this is something that all students should learn. I have heard that geography courses have been canceled or cut in some places. What a shame.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger conservativekat said...

Yes, well I understand Civics, pretty well actually. I just want to get it out to the other teenagers who don't want to take the class, but they need to in order to be involved with our country.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger conservativekat said...

=) FLORIAN

Thanks I will keep on blogging, and I did once get an invitation to Lead America's - Congressional Student Leadership Conference. But, unfortunately at the time I was moving. And I'm moving again this summer. Hopefully, in the near future I'll be able to go to D.C. and take classes there.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Miss jane said...

成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人電影,成人遊戲,成人文學,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,正妹牆

 

Post a Comment

<< Home